The South Island Disc Golf Society is excited to announce that the addition of Disc Golf to Green Acres Golf Course in Metchosin is complete. So get out there and have some fun on the South Islands newest 9 hole course! The course has a variety of great shots to throw, ranging from 200 – 300 feet, with water, sand bunker, and OB golf greens, a few tight fair ways, some low ceiling, hard to access greens and some danger with OB nearby. Huge thanks to the volunteers that came out to help with the install!
As Green Acres is a multi sport facility, here’s what you need to know:
- Disc Golf is available for play Monday to Friday 9:30 am to 8:00 pm and Weekends 9:30 am – 11:00 pm and 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Tee Times can be made by calling the Pro Shop at 250-474-2123, All sports can also be played on a first come first serve walk-on basis.
- Green Fees – $10 for 18 holes
- The disc golf holes match the ball golf and foot golf holes, so all groups simply play each hole in succession as if we were all playing one sport. If you’re slow let others play through, if a group ahead offers to let you play through, do so. Be respectful and don’t be pushy to play though.
- Please keep your groups a respectful size to keep your pace of play inline with ball golf
- If your disc causes a divot on a golf green please do your best to repair, always walk around greens, do not cut across
- This is a family facility, please behave according, being respectful at all times
- Practice golf course etiquette – When others are hitting, putting, or throwing stop moving and be quiet
- Water and golf greens play Out of Bounds (OB), with Point of Entry (POE) rules (throw your next shot from within 1 m of where your disc entered the OB with a 1 stroke penalty)
- Sand Traps play Hazard – throw your disc from where it lies with a 1 stroke penalty – then rake the sand
- Outer property line fence and driving range play OB with POE rules
- All holes are Par 3 – map and distances on Udisc
- There is a practice basket and warm up area next to the parking lot/club house
- Have fun!
Keep an eye out for summer events hosted by SIDGS at Green Acres DGC, We hope to see you out there soon!